Tuesday, March 30, 2010

BRAD KING: Calif Gold Cup Rd.1 Report

The first round of the California State series was a good one for me and my new Tomac Primer downhill bike. The course was a lot more technical then the past Winter Series races and the dirt was back to its normal dry and sandy ways.

On Saturday there was super high winds which made it hard to practice all day so John Keep and I only got a few practice runs in while almost getting blown off the mountain each one. The wind finally died down when the sun went down and it looked like it was going to be a good day on Sunday.

Sundays practice was early at eight o clock. The wind had died down all the way by the morning and it was an awesome but hot day at the races. Morning practice went really well and the bike was running perfect after my mechanic Steve wrenched on it Saturday night.

We had a really long wait after practice for our race runs, almost 5 hours. After all that time passed, I got up to the top for the race run and was in the gate feeling good. I had a really good run, only making one or two small mistakes. I was the second to last guy in my class and when I came across the finish line I was in 2nd place, about half a second down from Jake Payne in first and about two seconds up on 3rd place Adam Digby.

My Tomac Primer ran really well the whole way down and I couldnt be more happy with it. I was really stoked to have a good race run on a new bike without being completely used to it yet. I am looking forward to getting on some more technical courses and getting some more time on the bike. Thank you to Steve for getting my bike dialed and Jeremiah for helping us out all weekend and thanks to John Keep for getting the lines on the course dialed in. Looking forward to our next race at Sea Otter and Port Angeles. Also thanks to Tomac, Bike Vault, and all our other sponsors!

Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment