Monday, March 8, 2010

ROBIN BALOOCHI: Southridge Winter Series Finals Race Report

(Fontana, California) This weekend I competed in the final race of the 2010 ODI Southridge Winter Series. After receiving my bike on Sat morning fresh off my flight from Oregon I was excited to get on and do some runs. It was great to be back on a DH bike after a 3 year hitaus and it only took a few runs to back into the swing of things. Overall the first day on the bike went better than expected and rain showers through saturday night made for real good conditions come race day. During Sun morning practice I somehow managed to bash a rock and knock my crank arm out of alignment, but with some innovate solutions between Jeremiah and some friends we were somehow able to salvage a race run. At the end of the day I finshed 24th without any big hang ups. The goal of the weekend was met which was to get the new bike rolling, get me in the gate to start running against the clock again, and figure out any kinks that need to be worked until the official season starts at the Sea Otter Classic. I'm headed up to Oregon monday morning with a big "to do list" over the next few weeks in preparation for my next test race at the NW Cup in Port Angeles, WA March 26-28.

Thanks to DRD/TOMAC and all my sponsors for making this season happen and a special thanks to Joel at Tomac, Stephen the team wrench, and Jeremiah Dean for hustling to get my bike rolling.

Robin Baloochi

No comments:

Post a Comment